If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies are adapted from a recipe by Martha Stewart and inspired by the film Chocolat, which got me thinking about pairing chocolate with chilies. After some experimenting, I determined that the combination of cinnamon, ginger and chipotles gave the right combination of warmth and heat. I also love that these cookies are egg free, which is great for anyone with allergies, or making them with small people who have a tendency to eat the batter. - Savour
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle chili
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (pref. Mexican)
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, spices, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Add honey and vanilla; beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in 1 1/2 teaspoons boiling water.
- Beat half of flour mixture into butter mixture. Beat in baking-soda mixture, then remaining half of flour mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 2-inch balls, roll dough balls in granulated sugar and place on baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Transfer to oven and bake until surfaces crack slightly, about 18 minutes-20 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.