If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With a leftover chicken breast and the help of green veggies hanging out in the fridge, you can create a delicious dinner (and not spend a fortune!). Add or remove from the list of vegetables according to season or what you have on hand, this dish was named for all the green color it gets from the broccoli, zucchini and peas! —midnitechef
- 1 large leftover chicken breast, small dice
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 zucchini, small dice
- 8 ounces package of pasta (macaroni, egg noodle, or penne)
- 2 (15oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 15 ounces milk
- 1/3 cup Romano grated cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas if in season in your garden
- 4 slices of bacon, crisped and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare the pasta to al dente. Blanch the broccoli in the pasta water. Discard the water and drain the pasta and broccoli well.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream of chicken soup and milk with half of the Romano cheese. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the zucchini, peas, chicken, bacon, cooked pasta and broccoli in the sauce and stir gently.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Romano cheese. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake your Green Diva in a 350ºF oven for 30 - 35 minutes. After baking, let the casserole stand on the stove to let the sauce cool slightly and thicken.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.