If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, plus more if needed
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 5 ounces canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped preserved lemon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Add the canola oil a few drops at a time, whisking vigorously. The mixture will be loose at first and will then turn foamy before finally pulling together and thickening. Once it starts to thicken, you can add the oil in a thin stream (I like to think of it as a thread). It helps to have someone pour while you whisk and hold onto the bowl. If no one is around, fold a tea towel and set it underneath the bowl to steady it.
- Once all the canola oil has been incorporated, whisk in the olive oil -- again, slowly. Add 1 tablespoon preserved lemon, mix it in and taste your aioli. Add more lemon juice, preserved lemon, and salt as desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!