Author Notes: Less sugar. Less oil. More hazelnuts. - SavvyJulie
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons canola, walnut or peanut oil
- Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor until creamy. This should take 5-10 minutes, and you will need to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl a few times to make sure it all blends well.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder, processing until well-mixed. Scrape down the sides of the processor, then continue to blend.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add in the oil. Process for a minute more, then transfer to a serving bowl or storage container.
- Will store well at room temperature for 4-5 days…if it even lasts that long.