If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Instead of chips and dip, I like to make this combo for parties. But then again, how can you not like fried bread combined with aioli? - erinmcdowell
Serves 8 as an appetizer
Smoked Paprika Aioli
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- salt and lots of freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Make a smooth paste from the garlic, lemon zest, and mustard. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, and whisk in the egg yolks.
- Gradually add the olive oil to the yolk mixture in a thin, even stream - whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until all the oil has been incorporated and the aioli is light and fluffy.
- Season the aioli with the smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup warm water, or as needed
- oil, as needed for frying
- coarse salt, as needed for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture, and add the warm butter and water. Mix to combine, the mixture will look like a shaggy mass. Knead the dough until it is smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into about 16 pieces (this makes for mini flatbreads to give everyone one or two...you can also make larger ones or cut them into strips, etc.), and round the dough slightly. Cover with a damp paper towel and let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil for frying.
- When the dough has rested and the oil is hot, fry the breads until it is golden brown and slightly puffed up on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper towels and garnish with coarse salt. Serve warm with the aioli.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Berti Foraging Knife
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.