Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by my abundance of herbs, and my love of any type of burger. I hope you like it. - DailyMeals
Food52 Review: These chicken burgers were excellent -- full of flavor and moist as could be. I did throw in a small handful of breadcrumbs, but I'm not sure they were needed. The aioli had lots of bright flavors from the lemon, vinegar, and mustard. Bravo to DailyMeals for a burger done well. - annalea
Makes approximately 5
- 500 grams ground organic chicken
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 egg (preferably farm fresh)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Putter lettuce
- Brioche buns, toasted
- 5 slices Gruyère cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together and form them into burgers (they will be pretty moist, but there is nothing worse than dry chicken). If the mix is too wet, add some breadcrumbs. Gently cook in a skillet for about 5 minutes on each side.
- While the burgers cook, make your aioli. Add the egg yolks and half the lemon juice and cider vinegar into a blender or bowl. Add a few drops of oil and blend or whisk until you create an emulsion. Add the garlic, remaining lemon, and vinegar and start to drizzle in the oil very slowly.
- Once you have a nice mayo like consistency, add the mustard, cayenne, and salt.
- Add cheese to your burgers and cover for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. At the same time, toast the buns in the oven.
- Slather your aioli onto the buns, add lettuce, and then add your burger. Enjoy!