If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is one variation to Indian Shrimp Curry. As there are many languages in India, there are different styles of cooking. This recipe was handed down to me from my Aunt and I have modified it to add my twist to it. It is simple and easy to make as long as you have the right ingredients, which could be found in most Indian grocery stores or specialty grocery stores. - Instructor Mat
- 1 1/2 pound Large Shrimp
- 2 Onions (chopped fine)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 teaspoons Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coridander Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 16 ounces Veg Broth
- 8 ounces Coconut Milk
- 4 tablespoons Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- Heat oil in pan, add onions and fry until light brown
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 5-6 minutes
- Add chilli powder, coriander, turmeric, garam masala and fry for 2 minutes (Chilli powder can be adjusted to preference)
- Add Veg broth and bring it to a boil
- Add Shrimp and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes (until it turns pink and looks firm)
- While heat is low, slowly add coconut milk in. You could also add some tomato paste in to reduce the heat from the chilli. Serve with rice or traditional Indian breads.