If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by all things spring/ summer ( Southern California is not quite sure of it's season yet ) but wanting something a little different from the usual beef burger, my go to books and magazines for ideas always seem to be Australian . This recipe was adapted from one in the Delicious ( a superb ) food magazine . - foodfanatic
Goat's cheese aoli
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup goat's cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup sunflower or grapeseed oil
- salt to taste
Lamb burger and beet salsa
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 11/2 cup ready roasted baby beets, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- toasted hamburger buns and salad leaves
- Combine the lamb with half of the onion, garlic, parsley, 11/2 tsp cumin and half of the mint. This can be done in a food processor although I prefer to do it by hand. Season with salt and pepper and form 4 patties.
- Place beets in a bowl bowl with remaining cumin, onion and mint. Add cilantro, lemon juice and oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil the lamb patties cook over a medium heat on a grill pan or cast-iron skillet, to your liking.
- Serve the burgers on lightly toasted hamburger buns with salad leaves, aoli and beet salsa.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!