Author Notes: My husband is not a huge fan of potato salad with creamy dressings, but when it comes to grilling or picnics - there is no substitute for a potato salad at the table! So I love to make this version of a lighter potato salad, and it always gets rave reviews. I like the waxiness of fingerling potatoes for this recipe, but you could use another kind of waxy/yellow potato. If you don't have truffle mustard, you could also add a little truffle oil. - aussiefoodie
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon truffle mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground pepper
- Wash potatoes and chop into 1 inch cubes. Boil potatoes until just tender when pierced with a knife. Drain potatoes and rinse under cold water.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the potatoes while warm with dressing, capers and herbs and serve warm or at room temperature.