Author Notes: The flavor of vanilla really shines in this simple ice cream soda. When I want a vanilla ice cream soda I really want to taste the vanilla. Using this triple vanilla simple syrup as your base accomplishes that. Its delicious alone with seltzer or club soda as a home made vanilla soda, add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and you have a real treat. You can add your favorite ice cream because I find vanilla enhances just about any flavor. - sdebrango
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean split and seeds scraped out
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Paste
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- Either homemade or bought vanilla ice cream
- Very cold club soda
- For the simple syrup, to a small saucepan add your sugar, water and vanilla bean and its seeds. Cook on medium high until all of the sugar is dissolved and has reduced a bit and is the consistency of syrup about 5 min. Let it sit until it cools a bit.
- After it has cooled add your vanilla paste and extract. Stir to combine. Place in a jar and refrigerate until cooled. The longer it sits the more intense the vanilla flavor.
- To make an ice cream soda. For a 16 ounce glass add 6 Tbs of the vanilla syrup, to that pour in a little club soda or seltzer, stir until its combined. Add one small scoop of vanilla ice cream and stir to combine the flavors. Pour in more of your club soda or seltzer so the glass is about 3/4 full and add another scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- To make vanilla soda, To a 16 ounce glass add 7 Tbs of the simple syrup, pour in your club soda or seltzer, stir, add ice and enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe