Author Notes: A mandatory offering in almost any restaurant in India. Order this and your waiter arrives with the following ingredients on a tray; freshly squeezed lime juice in a tall glass A chilled bottle of soda water (club soda), and a little pitcher filled up with simple syrup. How you prepare it is entirely up to you!
ginger infused syrup
- 1 cup freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Fresh lime soda (with ginger)
- 1 small bottle club soda (really cold)
- juice of 1 lime
- To make the ginger syrup, combine the sugar & water over medium heat till the sugar dissolves, add the grated ginger & cook till the mixture reduces & is syrupy in consistency. Strain the grated ginger & store the syrup in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Squeeze lime into tall glass. Add the club soda, sweeten with ginger infused syrup, Stir & serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
Tags: comfort food