If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Each time I walk by and inhale the wonderful scent of my large rosemary plant, I feel guilty not using more rosemary in my cooking. So I made these rapidly vanishing crackers. Good plain or with hummus. —MyGardenersTable
Makes 80 crackers
- 3½ ounces buckwheat flour
- 3½ ounces ounces rye flour
- 1 teaspoon (level) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons + 1½ teaspoons cold butter (1¾ ounces)
- 3 ounces solid farmer’s cheese (can be subsituted with well-drained Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons + 1 ½ teaspoons 2% milk (1¾ ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Put the flours, baking powder and salt in the food processor. Dice the butter and the farmer’s cheese and add. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the yogurt and milk and process until the dough forms a homogenous mass and sticks together in a ball.
- Transfer to a bowl and quickly incorporate the rosemary using the tips of your fingers. Do not overwork the dough. Cover and let rest for 45 minutes.
- Line a large (14×16 inch) baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust with flour. Roll out the dough directly on the parchment with a floured rolling pin. The dough should fill the entire sheet. You can patch the dough as needed but make sure to smoothen out the sutures.
- Cut the dough into 1.5-inch squares using a ruler and a sharp knife. Place the baking sheet in the middle rack of the cold oven. Set the oven to 375 degrees F and bake until the crackers are lightly browned. Depending on the time it takes your oven to reach the set temperature the crackers might already be done at that point (mine were).
- Transfer the parchment with the crackers onto a cake rack and cool slightly. Break the crackers apart and completely cool on the rack. Store in airtight tin containers.
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.