If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here in Texas we have amazing peaches - the best I have ever tasted - juicy and very - hmm - peachy I guess. So when peach season rolls around I get greedy and buy as many as I can and do as many things as I can think of with them. We also grow a LOT of pecans - peach and pecan are great pals .... - aargersi
Serves 1 tart
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or for a less chewy crust you can do 1/2 and 1/2 WW and AP flours)
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- a pinch of salt
- Cut the butter up and put it in the freezer to get nice and cold. Pulse the pecans and flour in the processor until it's like a meal, then pulse in the sugar, butter and salt until it looks like a sort of thick paste. Press the crust into your tart pan - it is easiest to start on the sides and then do the bottom - oh and you want the kind of pan with a removeable bottom. Once the crust is pressed in evenly, put it in the freezer and turn the oven to 400
- When the oven is hot, pop the crust in and bake for 15 minutes until it is golden brown. Remove and cool completely.
Cheese and Peaches
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced candied ginger
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- slices of peeled and pitted peach - how many really depends on how big your peaches are and how many you eat while you are slicing them
- Thoroughly mix everything but the peaches. Spread the cheese mixture into the cooled crust. Now arrange your peach slices - I had a regtangle pan so I did them in a ladder formation. Chill it a bit before serving.
- That's it other than try to get a picture before your guests attack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Peach Pie or Tart
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Genius, explained at last.
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.