Author Notes: A refreshing twist on egg cream... - inpatskitchen
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled, fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except the vanilla in a saucepan. bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes until reduced to one cup liquid.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and cool and strain.
For the ginger egg cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 4 tablespoons ginger syrup
- 1/3 cup half and half
- Sparkling seltzer water
- In a 12 to 16 ounce tumbler,mix the chocolate syrup, ginger syrup and half and half together.
- Pour in enough seltzer to come within an inch of the top of the glass. Stir and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe