If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Iced tea is a favorite summer quencher around here but I often find that the ice dilutes it too quickly. By making "ice tea" cubes I can enjoy my glass and keep it cold at the same time. I added ginger and mint instead of the traditional lemon for a different twist. - inpatskitchen - inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: This cool, frosty, slushy tea drink is a wonderful summer refresher. The mint and ginger blend well together and the sweetness of agave helps to highlight their distinct flavors without making the tea too sweet. Blending the tea ice cubes with the cold tea makes a creamy, slushy drink that looks nothing like iced tea, and more like a frozen coffee drink. It is delightful to sip through a straw on a hot summer day. I imagine you could also serve small glasses of this spiked with vodka, bourbon, or rum for a unique summer cocktail! - JoanG - JoanG
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced peeled, fresh ginger
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- 6 cups water
- 3 black teabags
- 1/2 cup Agave nectar
- In a saucepan bring the water, ginger and mint to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the Agave nectar and teabags, cover and let steep for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the teabags, strain the tea and cool completely.
- Fill an ice cube tray with some of the tea and freeze overnight (or until frozen). Refrigerate the remaining tea.
- When ready to serve, place half of the ice cubes in a blender along with 12 ounces of the chilled tea. Blend until slushy. Pour into a tall glass and grab a straw. Repeat for the second glass.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.