Author Notes: This float is soda fountain meets ice cream truck and all kinds of lip smacking deliciousness. Who doesn't have great memories of the orange/vanilla popsicle? Aside from being embarrassingly easy to make, it would also be yummy with freshly squeezed tangerine, or just plain freshly squeezed orange juice. I happened to have a bunch of beautiful blood oranges hanging around, so that's what I chose. - TiggyBee
Makes one drink
- 3 blood oranges (the goal is approx 3/4 cup of juice)
- big scoop of vanilla ice cream
- seltzer water
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges (my 3 yielded about 3/4 cup).
- After squeezing, pick the pulp out and add as much as you want to the juice.
- Place the big scoop of vanilla ice cream into a tall glass and and pour the juice and pulp over it, topping the drink off with seltzer. It will foam up, so it's a good idea to pour the seltzer in over the sink.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe