Author Notes: Put the kids to bed and whip out your beer mugs. This float’s for grown-ups only. It’s inspired by my Fudgy Chocolate Stout Cake, of which the batter is bowl-licking deliciousness. As much fun as it is to lick that bowl clean, I decided to develop a slightly less embarrassing delivery system in the form of an ice cream float. It’s got a nice balance of flavors and tastes – sweet, bitter, creamy, caramel, mocha. I’m definitely not the first person to stick ice cream in their Guinness, but this is some serious yummy stuff. - mrslarkin
- 2 large beer mugs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, divided
- 2 ounces espresso or strong brewed coffee, cooled, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided (optional)
- 1 pint premium chocolate ice cream
- 1 12-ounce bottle Guinness Extra Stout
- Unsweetened whipped cream
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup around the insides of each mug.
- Pour an ounce of coffee in each mug.
- Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla to each mug. Swish the mugs around a few times.
- Next, add a couple scoops ice cream to each mug.
- Angle your beer mug and slowly pour in half a bottle of stout into each mug. Easy does it. It will foam up.
- You might have to take a sip to make room for the whipped cream. Top your mug with whipped cream. Insert straw. Sip. Grab a long-handled spoon and dig in.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer