Author Notes: My sweeetie loves super bowl type food. While these may not be the most healthy of foods, they sure are tasty, and if you have a gang of men over they are going to love these. - jane mcmillan
- 4 bratwurst
- 4 slices of extra sharp cheddar cheese cut to fit pockets
- 4 strips bacon
- raw onion, chopped
- deli mustard
- 4 hot dog buns, toasted
- Pre heat deep fat fryer to 350°or preheat skillet with abour 1/4 inch oil.
- make a pocket in each wurst about 2 1/2 inches long in the middle, do not slice to the ends.
- Place a piece of cheese in each pocket.
- Wrap bacon around the wurst, making sure the cheese is completely covered.
- Secure with toothpicks, and fry in hot fat until bacon is crispy.
- Toast buns and serve with your choice of toppings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food