If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the things that I learned from my southern sisters when I moved south is Anerican cheese and pimentos are a match made in heaven.
This isn't fancy, but the combo is just heavenly. —jane mcmillan
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 4 ounces diced American cheese
- 2 tablespoons pimentos, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 6 crusty rolls
- 6 slices red onion
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 crispy lettuce leaves
- 12 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 per bun
- In a bowl combine the meats and salt and pepper. Form into 6 patties.
- Grill to your choice of doness.
- While burgers cook, make cheese sauce by combining the American cheese, pimento, onion, hot sauce and worchestershire sauce.
- last few minutes of cooking, toast buns and put a generous dollop of cheese mixture in each pattie, close grill to melt.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.my beverage of choice? Well sweet tea, of course!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's time to travel.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
Off to market.