Author Notes: One of the things that I learned from my southern sisters when I moved south is Anerican cheese and pimentos are a match made in heaven.
This isn't fancy, but the combo is just heavenly. - jane mcmillan
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 4 ounces diced American cheese
- 2 tablespoons pimentos, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 6 crusty rolls
- 6 slices red onion
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 crispy lettuce leaves
- 12 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 per bun
- In a bowl combine the meats and salt and pepper. Form into 6 patties.
- Grill to your choice of doness.
- While burgers cook, make cheese sauce by combining the American cheese, pimento, onion, hot sauce and worchestershire sauce.
- last few minutes of cooking, toast buns and put a generous dollop of cheese mixture in each pattie, close grill to melt.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.my beverage of choice? Well sweet tea, of course!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food