Author Notes: I love these easy tacquitos and guacamole. I am a no frills guacamole kind of girl, and this very basic recipe is my favorite. - NWB
- 1-2 cooked chicken breasts (I often use leftover roasted chicken)
- 1 can prepared refried beans (I like Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup shredded good cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- hot sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- dash of cumin and chili powder
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 10 corn tortillas
- Enough vegetable oil for a half an inch in your pan
- 1 ripe avacado
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 lime
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and pulse it in a cuisinart until it is very finely chopped. In a large bowl combine chicken, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, salt and spices until well mixed. Add a half to 3/4 cup of refried beans and mix together.
- Heat oil in a pan. Wrap the corn tortillas in damp paper towels and put in microwave for one minute. The tortillas should be soft and pliable.
- Put one tortilla on a plate add a few spoonfuls of the chicken and bean mixture. Wrap the tortilla tightly around the chicken and roll it up. Place seam side down on another plate and cover with a slightly damp paper towel. Repeat until all are finished.
- Place one by one, seam side down, in hot oil. You should do 3-4 at a time. Fry for 1 minute and flip over and fry for 1 minute, or until golden brown. You do not want them to get too much color. Remove and place on paper towels/paper bag to rest. Repeat until done.
- For guacamole--cube avacado and put in a mixing bowl. Chop jalapeno (seed or not seeded is your choice I usually seed half). Add to avacado, add salt and squeeze at least half a lime if not whole to taste. Mix together with a fork.
- Dip the taquitos in the guacamole, or put some on top of the taquitos and enjoy. You should eat them with your hands.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food