If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love these easy tacquitos and guacamole. I am a no frills guacamole kind of girl, and this very basic recipe is my favorite. —NWB
- 1-2 cooked chicken breasts (I often use leftover roasted chicken)
- 1 can prepared refried beans (I like Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup shredded good cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- hot sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- dash of cumin and chili powder
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 10 corn tortillas
- Enough vegetable oil for a half an inch in your pan
- 1 ripe avacado
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 lime
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and pulse it in a cuisinart until it is very finely chopped. In a large bowl combine chicken, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, salt and spices until well mixed. Add a half to 3/4 cup of refried beans and mix together.
- Heat oil in a pan. Wrap the corn tortillas in damp paper towels and put in microwave for one minute. The tortillas should be soft and pliable.
- Put one tortilla on a plate add a few spoonfuls of the chicken and bean mixture. Wrap the tortilla tightly around the chicken and roll it up. Place seam side down on another plate and cover with a slightly damp paper towel. Repeat until all are finished.
- Place one by one, seam side down, in hot oil. You should do 3-4 at a time. Fry for 1 minute and flip over and fry for 1 minute, or until golden brown. You do not want them to get too much color. Remove and place on paper towels/paper bag to rest. Repeat until done.
- For guacamole--cube avacado and put in a mixing bowl. Chop jalapeno (seed or not seeded is your choice I usually seed half). Add to avacado, add salt and squeeze at least half a lime if not whole to taste. Mix together with a fork.
- Dip the taquitos in the guacamole, or put some on top of the taquitos and enjoy. You should eat them with your hands.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.