Author Notes: In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, you see these deliciousnesses everywhere in the street. They are cheesy and starchy and so easy to make. Similar to the brazilian pao de queijo, but with less ingredients (and in my humble opinion, better flavor).
- 1 cup manioc starch (yucca)
- 3 cups white cheese, like queso fresco. (sometimes I am bad and use mozzarella though - it still tastes good)
- 1 egg
- Grate the cheese and mix with egg and starch.
- Knead until you get a soft dough, not too dry or too watery. Add a bit of milk or water if its not coming together.
- Form the dough into small balls pressing a small hole in the bottom of the ball. Place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.