If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It was sent to me from my sister out west in California. It is pure comfy indulgence, knowing there are healthy ingredients in it (somewhere!). Don't be tempted to eat it without the slaw...it just tastes wonderful altogether, for the flavors bounce off one another in harmony. - loubaby
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cake sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (1 bunch w/o stems)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Jalapeño peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 cups pkg. fresh coleslaw mix
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 6 cups oil, for frying
- 12 10-inch Flour Tortillas or 24 (6-inch) Tortillas
- In Food Processor, combine cornflakes, almonds, sesame seeds, sugar, red pepper and Kosher salt. PULSE on and off only til coarsely chopped; do not over process. Leave crunchy.Transfer mixture to a pie plate, as needed. (If making day before, store in tightly covered container)
- Combine mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeño and pepper; mix well. Stir in coleslaw mix and chill. Can be made day before and refrigerated covered overnight.
- Cut Chicken lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips. Combine your eggs and milk in one pie plate (as needed). Place flour in another pie plate. Set out your 3rd pie plate with cereal crumb mixture. Set a rack over a rimmed baking sheet to place your dredged chicken strips on. Dredge chicken first in flour, then egg mixture and finally cereal mixture; place on rack. Continue til you finish dredging process. (You can chill these lightly covered with waxed paper overnight to set and firm crumb mixture)
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees. Cook chicken strips in batches about 4 minutes until deep golden brown and cooked inside.
- Serve chicken strips in tortillas, topped with coleslaw. Serve and eat promptly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.
Easter Baskets for Loved Ones Who Sometimes Annoy You
Sure to put somebunny out of business.
The Poor Man's Parmesan
Satisfy your salty, crunchy, oily cravings -- without the price tag.
Style with a breeze.