Author Notes: My sweetie was in the Navy for 30 years and one of his tours of duty was in Iceland. One day I asked him what he wanted on his burger and he said a fried egg, like he had frequently in Iceland.
The Smoked Rombol reminds me " Rombo", sorry about that I couldn't resist! - jane mcmillan
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 5 slices bacon, fried crisp, reserve bacon fat
- 7 eggs, one for the burgers the other 6 for topping
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 ounce packet ranch dip mix
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Smoked Rombol cheese, sliced in 6 slices
- 6 crusty rolls
- 12 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 tbs for each roll
- 6 slices onion
- 6 crispy lettuce leaves
- Fry bacon til crispy, drain on paper towels, crumble and reserve pan of bacon fat.
- Mix together the ground round, ground sirloin, crumbled bacon, 1 egg,scallions, ranch dip,bread crumbs, pepper.
- make 6 patties.
- Grill the burgers to your liking.
- The last 5 minutes of cooking, toast the buns, top with cheese, and close grill to allow cheese to melt.
- meanwhile fry the 6 eggs so the yolk is soft set.
- Slather the toasted bun with the mayo, put a burger on the bun, top with the fried egg, and toppings of your choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food