If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sweetie was in the Navy for 30 years and one of his tours of duty was in Iceland. One day I asked him what he wanted on his burger and he said a fried egg, like he had frequently in Iceland.
The Smoked Rombol reminds me " Rombo", sorry about that I couldn't resist! —jane mcmillan
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 5 slices bacon, fried crisp, reserve bacon fat
- 7 eggs, one for the burgers the other 6 for topping
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 ounce packet ranch dip mix
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Smoked Rombol cheese, sliced in 6 slices
- 6 crusty rolls
- 12 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 tbs for each roll
- 6 slices onion
- 6 crispy lettuce leaves
- Fry bacon til crispy, drain on paper towels, crumble and reserve pan of bacon fat.
- Mix together the ground round, ground sirloin, crumbled bacon, 1 egg,scallions, ranch dip,bread crumbs, pepper.
- make 6 patties.
- Grill the burgers to your liking.
- The last 5 minutes of cooking, toast the buns, top with cheese, and close grill to allow cheese to melt.
- meanwhile fry the 6 eggs so the yolk is soft set.
- Slather the toasted bun with the mayo, put a burger on the bun, top with the fried egg, and toppings of your choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food