If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of the easiest desserts I've ever made. The recipe is a little quirky, and you must follow it to the letter, or you'll lose the sinful truffle texture that is created.
What a marvelous cake to have in your repertoire! It takes no longer to make two or three than it does to make one. It's a good idea to make multiples since not only is it utterly delicious, but you can keep it (when properly wrapped) up to 4 months in your freezer. [I know this is so because I "found" one in my freezer after that long, and served it successfully!] - ChefJune
Serves 8 to 12
- 16 ounces best quality semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chestnut flour
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons superfine sugar (you can whirl it in your food processor)
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Whipped cream for topping
- Unsweetened cocoa for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease the bottom (only) of an 8-inch springform pan. (Yes, it must be 8-inches.)
- Melt chocolate and butter in the top of double boiler over simmering water. When melted, transfer into a bowl, and add flour, water, and blend well. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Beat egg whites until very frothy. Add the sugar and continue beating until they are stiff and shiny, but not dry. Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pan and bake for 15 minutes, ONLY! The cake will look very undone in the center.
- 4. Cool. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Spread a very thick layer over top of cake, smoothing with spatula. Shake unsweetened cocoa through a sieve over the whipped cream. Use a doily to make a design on the whipped cream if you wish. Cut the cake while cold, but let it stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.