Author Notes: While trying my hand at adapting my mom's scone recipe, I stumbled upon Scookies! They're moist and flavorful and wonderful to eat on their own. Or they make a great flat pallette on which to spread jams, nut butters, or anything else you can imagine. - AdinaM
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 230 grams all-purpose gluten free flour mixture
- 50 grams almond meal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and diced
- 6 ounces plain sheep milk yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees 4 and line one or two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed meal and boiling water to create a paste, set aside.
- In a 14-cup food processor with the pastry blade, combine the flour mixture, almond meal, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Pulse to combine well and scrape down the sides to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture befins to look crumbly. Scrape down the sides to combine.
- Add the yogurt and eggs and pulse until well combined, you may need to scrape down the sides and mix by hand to get the edges combined.
- Spoon 2 inch sized balls of the mixture onto the baking sheets at least 4 inches apart. Bake for about 15 mintues or until the edges have begun to brown.
- Cool on wire racks for at least 10 minutes before enjoying!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good