If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was one of my first experiences baking gluten-free by weight and ratio. I was very pleased with the results and they ended up being a huge hit at the Austin Bakes for Japan bake sale. Lemon and coconut pair very nicely together in this healthier cookie recipe. - ATX Gluten-Free
Makes 1 dozen or 12 cookies
- 4 ounces sweet rice sorghum flour
- 1 ounce stone ground garbanzo bean flour
- 1 ounce finely ground tapioca flour
- 1 ounce organic cane sugar
- 1 ounce light brown sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened flaked coconut, crushed with hands
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 1 heaping tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- powdered sugar, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place silpat mat or parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Measure dry ingredients one at a time on a kitchen scale (flour, shredded coconut, gum, salt, and baking powder) and place in a bowl.
- Gently combine dry ingredients with hands
- In a standing mixer bowl, add the coconut oil, vanilla extract, stevia, sugar, lemon zest and mix until they are combined.
- Add egg and incorporate through wet ingredients.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Roll out approximately 1 inch size cookie dough balls and place in an even row on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookie is firm to touch and the bottom edges are slightly browned.
- When done, place on baking rack to cool. Sift a liberal amount of powdered sugar over cookie before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.