If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last summer I discovered Elana's Pantry and went nuts. So many gorgeous gluten-free recipes to experiment with. Many were successes, few were failures but this one I share today is adapted from Elana's recipe.
I've swapped lemon juice for orange, added some microplaned zest to intensify the citrusy flavours because I think peach and orange work together a treat, added some Saigon cinnamon (aka Cassia) which is sweeter and more fragrant that your regular cinnamon and some crushed flaked almonds. —Kitchen Butterfly
Makes 4 ramekins
- 6 large peaches (or nectarines), skinned, flesh removed and stones discarded
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Microplaned orange zest from 1 medium orange
- Crem Fraiche, Cream, Ice cream, to serve (Optional)
- Place peach slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with orange juice, vanilla, and arrowroot; toss well using a spoon to incorporate all ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, combine almond flour, salt, grapeseed oil and agave, flaked almonds, cinnamon powder and orange zest for topping.
- Share peach mixture between 4 ramekins or place in a large dish. Top with crumble and bake covered with foil at 180 degrees for 45 minutes, until peach juice is bubbling. The reason you cover the tops is to protect them from browning too quickly.
- Remove the foil cover and bake for a few more minutes if topping is not yet brown.
- Serve….with yogurt, creme fraiche, ice cream or just do as I did and savour on its own!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Transform the humble shoebox.
Get your shine on.