If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the hazelnutty, chocolatey goodness of Nutella! With sugar being the first ingredient though, it is not the healthiest stuff on earth. In the spirit of decadent Nutella, I created these Chocolate Hazelnut cookies. Using hazelnut meal as one of the main ingredients, these cookies are not only gluten free, but vegan as well. The hazelnut butter and grapeseed oil make these little gems so rich and delicious that they melt right in your mouth! I also love these cookies because I use one bowl, and they take minutes to mix up! Please enjoy! - BeamingwithHealth - BeamingwithHealth
Food52 Review: If you like Nutella (and who doesn't?), this is it in gluten-free cookie form. This recipe, which is also vegan, makes 9 large cookies chock-full of rich hazelnut, chocolate and coconut flavor. If you can't find hazelnut meal, make your own by pulsing hazelnuts in a food processor with some sugar to keep them from clumping. - broccolirose - broccolirose
Makes 9 cookies
- 3/4 cup hazelnut meal (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean/fava bean flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (Grade B)
- 1/3 cup hazelnut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix until a batter is formed.
- Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper (or a greased cookie sheet). Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with a pistachio in the center of each cookie. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy with a nice cup of peppermint tea.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce