Author Notes: Originally this recipe had 13/4 cups of only brown sugar and ether chocolate or butterscotch chips. I use less sugar because the butterscotch chips are very sweet, and use the 1/3 of a cup granulated sugar for crispiness. I also added salt, orange zest and cinnamon, because I love orange with chocolate, and cinnamon with butterscotch. If you would like them spicier, add cinnamon, allspice & ginger.
You can also omit chocolate chips and use only the butterscotch chips.
I trust in this brand of White Rice Flour because the label says that it is tested in quality control laboratory and their product is a 100% Gluten Free and I don't feel any difference in taste between all purpose flour and Gluten Free.
Serves 8 to 10
- • 1 cup “Stone Ground Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free” White Rice flour.
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- • 6 tablespoons melted butter
- • 1 cup organic brown sugar
- • 1/3 cup organic granulated sugar
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- • 2 tablespoons orange or tangerine zest
- • 1 teaspoon orange extract
- • ½ teaspoon vanilla
- • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- • 2 large eggs room temperature
- • ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- • ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a glass mixing bowl, in microwave on low power until melted; stir in brown and granulated sugar, cinnamon, orange and vanilla extract; then mix in the eggs.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt; then add orange zest, chocolate and butterscotch chips. Fold in the flour mixture into the butter and eggs mixture.
- Line an 8by 8 by 2, 5-inches baking dish with buttered parchment paper and spread evenly the batter. Bake 20-25 minutes. Blondies will firm as they cool. Let cool completely in pan, on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good