If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Originally this recipe had 13/4 cups of only brown sugar and ether chocolate or butterscotch chips. I use less sugar because the butterscotch chips are very sweet, and use the 1/3 of a cup granulated sugar for crispiness. I also added salt, orange zest and cinnamon, because I love orange with chocolate, and cinnamon with butterscotch. If you would like them spicier, add cinnamon, allspice & ginger.
You can also omit chocolate chips and use only the butterscotch chips.
I trust in this brand of White Rice Flour because the label says that it is tested in quality control laboratory and their product is a 100% Gluten Free and I don't feel any difference in taste between all purpose flour and Gluten Free.
Serves 8 to 10
- • 1 cup “Stone Ground Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free” White Rice flour.
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- • 6 tablespoons melted butter
- • 1 cup organic brown sugar
- • 1/3 cup organic granulated sugar
- • ¼ teaspoon salt
- • 2 tablespoons orange or tangerine zest
- • 1 teaspoon orange extract
- • ½ teaspoon vanilla
- • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- • 2 large eggs room temperature
- • ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- • ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a glass mixing bowl, in microwave on low power until melted; stir in brown and granulated sugar, cinnamon, orange and vanilla extract; then mix in the eggs.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt; then add orange zest, chocolate and butterscotch chips. Fold in the flour mixture into the butter and eggs mixture.
- Line an 8by 8 by 2, 5-inches baking dish with buttered parchment paper and spread evenly the batter. Bake 20-25 minutes. Blondies will firm as they cool. Let cool completely in pan, on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.