If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't have celiac disease, but I enjoy gluten-free baking. I always know I have a success on my hands when my family does not have any idea if a dessert is gluten-free: this is one of those recipes. This cake is adapted from the recipe for Pound Cake with Cocoa in the book Chocolat by Stephan Lagorce. - WinnieAb —WinnieAb
Food52 Review: A yummy, rich and dense cake that is reminiscent of a decadent flourless cake. The olive oil and chocolate combo is wonderful, and the touch of maple syrup certainly doesn't hurt. A dusting of powdered sugar is the perfect, simple finishing touch. - biffbourgeois —Stephanie Bourgeois
Makes 1 large or 2 small loaves
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 eggs, preferably organic and free-range
- 2 cups ground almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar or sucanat
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in the olive oil. Use a little of this to grease your baking pan(s).
- Whisk eggs together with the sugar. Add the maple syrup and whisk again.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and cacao powder. Add to the eggs/sugar/maple syrup and combine well with a wooden spoon. Add the melted butter/oil and mix well again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean/dry.
- Remove from pan(s) and allow to cool on a baker's rack. Dust with organic powdered sugar before serving warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.