If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies barely make it to the cool state--everyone loves them.and always wants to know what that flavor is---the rosemary..with big chocolate flavor and toasting the nuts makes you almost want to cry---therefore my name big babies!!! - loubaby
Serves about 12
- 12 ounces (70%) chocolate bar, DIVIDED
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound toasted pecans, coarse chop
- Preheat oven to 350. Place parchment paper on your cookie sheets.
- Combine ONLY 6 oz chocolate bar, unsweetened chocolate, butter and rosemary in small heavy saucepan (or in the top of a double boiler if you don’t have one) and melt chocolate over low heat until melted and blended, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in another small bowl; reserve.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer on medium high speed for 2 minutes; add chocolate mixture and combine. Stir in flour mixture by hand just until incorporated. Add remaining 6 oz chocolate bar, broken into chunks, and pecans.
- Using a 1/3 cup dry measure, scoop and drop 6 cookies onto cookie sheets, using a small spatula—do not spread out, leave lumpy.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes—do not over bake—the insides will be soft. Cool on racks.
The Power of the Punch Bowl
Garnish at your own risk.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Refined at Age Five
That was a close shave.