Author Notes: allergy friendly (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free, can be easily modified to be corn free)
If Meyer lemons are in season, definitely use them! - windycityvegan
Makes 1 standard-sized (8x4) loaf
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (tapioca starch)
- 1/4 cup corn flour (or mochiko flour, if you are avoiding corn)
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup sweet white rice (mochiko) flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cups sugar
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a standard-sized loaf pan, paying attention to corners and creases at bottom of the pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients together until emulsified. Fold in the dry ingredients until just incorporated and few lumps remain.
- Immediately pour into prepared loaf pan and set in the center of the oven rack. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and starting to pull away from the pan. *Do not open your oven until at least 30 minutes have passed, and even then, if you must, only open it a teensy little crack.*
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes on a rack before removing from the pan. Slice and serve when completely cooled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good