If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crumbles are always a classic dessert. This one relies on oats and nuts to make the topping. Baked fruit can get a little liquid-y, so this recipe has rasins which plump up and absorbe a bit of the liquid. —slulibby
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix theoats, sugar, butter, cinnamon, lemon zest, almonds & salt in a bowl until it is crumbly/sand-like texture. (You can use a fork or your fingers, depending on what sort of cook you are)
- 3 pounds crisp-tart apples-cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup golden rasins
- In a bowl, drizzle the apples with lemon juice.Add in the sugar and butter to coat. Sprinkle with the cinnamons, cardamom and raisins.
- Pout the apples into a square baking dish, and cover with the topping.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes at 350 F, until apples are soft and topping crisp.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.