Author Notes: Crumbles are always a classic dessert. This one relies on oats and nuts to make the topping. Baked fruit can get a little liquid-y, so this recipe has rasins which plump up and absorbe a bit of the liquid. - slulibby
- 1 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix theoats, sugar, butter, cinnamon, lemon zest, almonds & salt in a bowl until it is crumbly/sand-like texture. (You can use a fork or your fingers, depending on what sort of cook you are)
- 3 pounds crisp-tart apples-cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup golden rasins
- In a bowl, drizzle the apples with lemon juice.Add in the sugar and butter to coat. Sprinkle with the cinnamons, cardamom and raisins.
- Pout the apples into a square baking dish, and cover with the topping.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes at 350 F, until apples are soft and topping crisp.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good