If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These muffins were my first contribution to the Gluten-Free Ratio Rally, a blogging collaboration created by Shauna of Gluten-Free Girl.
I love some kind of fruit pieces in baked goods. Raspberries, with their slightly tart taste, seemed a good pair to sweet ripe bananas. I wanted to make them a little bit special, so I made a raspberry flavored crumble-top.The quinoa flakes make a lovely crunch, while the maple syrup sees the tops brown nicely. A crumbly and crunchy texture is a fine way to start your bite, before reaching the moist and sweet fruit below. —KateAlice.
Makes 12 small
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 2/3 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (2 medium sized) *not too ripe, just a few brown spots will do
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- To make the crumble-top: In a medium bowl, use a whisk or fork to combine the quinoa flakes and almond flour. Add the grapeseed oil, maple syrup and jam. Use a knife to stir in circles until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- To make the muffins: Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F and lightly brush with oil a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk or fork to combine the quinoa flakes, millet flour, almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Then add the egg, grapeseed oil and honey. Beat with a fork until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well until combined. Gently fold in the raspberries and stir slowly to spread them throughout the batter.
- Drop 3 tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup. Cover the tops of the muffins with the crumble mixture. You can put on as much as you like: either completely cover the tops, or just a heaped teaspoon (those in the photos have a heaped teaspoon each).
- Place in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes. They are ready when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a baking rack and let cool before unmoulding.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.