If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A spicy filling of cheese, jalapeno and poblano dress up a plain unsweetened cornbread. - inpatskitchen
Makes 1 9 inch bread
For the cheese chili filling
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese cut in small cubes
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- In a medium saute pan saute the two chilis and the onion in the olive oil until softened.
- Turn off the heat and add the two cheeses, stirring all the while until the cream cheese almost melts completely. Set the mixture aside.
For the cornbread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free yellow corn meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pre heat the oven to 400F. Place a 9 inch round baking pan in the oven with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture in to the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven making sure the melted butter coats the bottom of the pan and pour 1/2 of the cornbread mixture into the pan.
- Layer the top with the filling mixture by dropping spoonfuls of it over the top.
- Pour the remaining cornbread mixture over the top. Bake at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve slightly warm
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls