If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cookies... I have always loved cookies! My favorite growing up was oatmeal raisin! I always liked to put a little spin on things so I would vary my recipe using chocolate covered raisins or dried cherries instead of raisins. Several years ago (after many years of chronic health issues), my body became extremely sensitive to many of the foods I loved. No longer could I eat gluten or oats, dairy was beginning to be questionable... instead of giving up my beloved cookie, I decided to reinvent it! Below is the result! - mdrnangel
Makes approximately 40
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour Mix
- 3/4 cup Baking Blend Flour Mix*
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Golden Flax Meal
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Coconut Oil (I use expellar pressed, which has no taste)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Quinoa Flakes
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (I like Tropical Source, owned by Sunspire)
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients (all the dry ingredients).
- In a separate bowl mix the coconut oil, granulated sugar & brown sugar until well combined (I use a stand mixer, but you can do this by hand).
- Add the applesauce & vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Using a rubber spatula carefully add the dry ingredients (in the large bowl) to the wet mixture and stir until a grainy dough is formed.
- Stir in quinoa, cranberries, and chocolate chips (If using a mixer, do this step by hand).
- Using a large melon baller or an ice cream scoop, place the dough onto the prepared baking sheets spacing them 1” apart.
- Gently press each with the heel of your hand to help them spread.
- Bake on the center rack for 15 minutes – rotating 180 degrees after 9 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- *Baking Blend Flour Mix is 2 parts White Rice Flour; 1 part Tapioca Starch; 1 part Potato Starch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.