If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Raspberry-Mango cake is an absolutely beautiful dessert with vibrant summer colors. It's not a messy cake so it would be perfect to pack up and bring along on a picnic! You'll be surprised by how much you will love the combination of Raspberries and Mangos! - TheGirlyGirlCooks
For the Raspberry-Mango Topping
- 1 cup diced Mangos
- 1/2 cup fresh Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon White Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted Butter
For the Cake
- 2/3 cup cold Butter (cut into cubes)
- 1-1/2 cups White Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (F) and grease a 9 inch cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt 3 tbsp of Butter. Once the butter is melted, add in the brown sugar and stir until the brown sugar is smooth and not grainy anymore. Pour this brown sugar/butter into the bottom of the cake pan. Add the diced Mangos and spread them around evenly. In a bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of raspberries with 1 tbsp of sugar and mash them together with a fork. Drizzle the raspberries over and around the Mangos in the cake pan. Then drizzle the lemon juice over both the Mangos and the Raspberries.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, blend the cold butter cubes with the sugar until combined. Add the 3 large eggs one at a time and the vanilla extract. At a slow mixer speed, pour in the milk and add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Continue mixing until the ingredients are completely combined and pour the batter over the Mangos and Raspberries on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and the center is no longer wet. It might take a couple minutes longer, depending on your oven. After the cake is done, place it on a cooling rack until it is completely cooled. Then invert the cake onto a serving dish or large plate. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.