If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my Tayta's (Grandmother in Arabic) recipe which follows the rule of 1 - 1 of everything - which makes this very simple to make —TXDjinn
Makes 1 bowl of dip
- 1 Can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (bottled is fine)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- The way this recipe works if for every can of chickpeas you use, you add 1 of the remaining ingredients which is why we call it the rule of 1
- In a blender or food processor pour in the drained chickpeas and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mash together until smooth - you may need to add salt and lemon to taste.
- This is MUCH better if you make a day ahead and let it sit, coverd in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
- To serve, sprinkle some paprika or sumac (Lebanese spice that comes from a berry) on top and then drizzle good olive oil.
- One of the tastiest ways to eat this is with tortilla chips which add salt without having to put extra salt in the mix.
- Sahtain! Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.