Author Notes: This is my Tayta's (Grandmother in Arabic) recipe which follows the rule of 1 - 1 of everything - which makes this very simple to make - TXDjinn
Makes 1 bowl of dip
- 1 Can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Tahini
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice (bottled is fine)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- The way this recipe works if for every can of chickpeas you use, you add 1 of the remaining ingredients which is why we call it the rule of 1
- In a blender or food processor pour in the drained chickpeas and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mash together until smooth - you may need to add salt and lemon to taste.
- This is MUCH better if you make a day ahead and let it sit, coverd in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
- To serve, sprinkle some paprika or sumac (Lebanese spice that comes from a berry) on top and then drizzle good olive oil.
- One of the tastiest ways to eat this is with tortilla chips which add salt without having to put extra salt in the mix.
- Sahtain! Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish