If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect food to take on a summertime picnic. Pack up some scallion salmon salad in a tupperware and bring along some black pepper water crackers. Yum! - FifteenSpatulas —FifteenSpatulas
Food52 Review: This simple salad hits all the marks with it's contrasting tastes, textures, and colors. It's bright and fresh, thanks to the lemon juice, celery, scallions, and dill. The vegetables also give the salad a pleasant crunch. I loved the subtle lingering heat left behind from the cayenne, and the Old Bay seasoning added an extra kick. These components complemented the richness of the salmon very well, and when I piled some onto a water cracker, it was almost too pretty to eat! I'm definitely taking this on my next picnic. - forester_lady —Brianne Du Clos
- 1 pound wild alaska salmon
- 4 scallions, chopped (white and light green part only)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 box of black pepper water crackers
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and sear or grill the salmon until fully cooked. Flake it up with a fork and spread it out on a plate so it can cool.
- In a big bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Add the flaked salmon and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning, and pop it into the refrigerator to chill for an hour. When it's chilled, enjoy with the black pepper water crackers.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.