If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This has been handed down in my family for several generations. We've had a family reunion in August on Lake Erie for almost 75 years, and these beans have been there as long as I can remember. They have a delicious sweet and sour flavor, and the ground beef and bacon make them very hearty. Men gobble this up! —Debarc
- 1/4 pound bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 15.25 ounces can lima beans, drained
- 16 ounces can pork 'n beans
- 15 ounces can red kidney beans
- Brown together the bacon and onions. Drain.
- Add the ground beef and brown well.
- Add in all the other ingredients and stir well.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours in a large covered casserole.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Get Fired Up
A weekend cookout menu and playlist
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Olive you, olives.
We've got the summer blues.
Small spaces don't have to feel small.
A better basket.