If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was one of my first non-lettuce salads and evolved from a chickpea recipe once I realized that I am not a fan of chilled chickpeas —AmandaE
- 28 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 sprigs cilantro, diced
Balsamic Vinegrette Dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- dashes black pepper
- In a small container that has a lid, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Put the lid on and shake well. Set aside
- In a large container mix together the beans, onion, carrot, and cilantro. Pour on the dressing, stir and then fold in the feta cheese. Season to taste with some fresh ground pepper.
- Place salad in fridge for at least 30minutes, then Serve! Goes great as a side salad or serve on top of ciabatta bread for a healthy vegetarian sandwich.
Tags: serves a crowd
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
In a Pickle
Preserve to pack your pantry
Yes, be in a pickle.
You gotta ketchup.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
A 10-step guide to better cake.