Author Notes: Inspired by How Sweet It Is, a BBQ sauce made with warmed and crushed blueberries. - dixiechik
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a sauce pan over low heat, add the blueberries and stir until they start to pop. Crush then with a large spoon or fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring to a slow boil while stirring. Turn back down to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until it has the consistency of barbecue sauce, although it may be slightly thinner.
- Brush the chicken breasts with the sauce, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Grill like you normally would chicken.