If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by How Sweet It Is, a BBQ sauce made with warmed and crushed blueberries. —dixiechik
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a sauce pan over low heat, add the blueberries and stir until they start to pop. Crush then with a large spoon or fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring to a slow boil while stirring. Turn back down to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until it has the consistency of barbecue sauce, although it may be slightly thinner.
- Brush the chicken breasts with the sauce, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Grill like you normally would chicken.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.