Author Notes: This peanut sauce is great for an impromptu picnic - all of the ingredients are pantry staples and you can coat any combination of noodles and vegetables in it. We tested it out for a Father's Day picnic on the Hudson. It tastes great hot or cold and carries well. - nithyadas (hungrydesi)
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1-2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Blend the peanuts in a blender or food processor with a tablespoon of water.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and whisk in the red curry paste and soy sauce.
- Add the brown sugar and vegetable broth and cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chili garlic paste, cilantro and salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish