If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This peanut sauce is great for an impromptu picnic - all of the ingredients are pantry staples and you can coat any combination of noodles and vegetables in it. We tested it out for a Father's Day picnic on the Hudson. It tastes great hot or cold and carries well. - nithyadas (hungrydesi)
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Blend the peanuts in a blender or food processor with a tablespoon of water.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and whisk in the red curry paste and soy sauce.
- Add the brown sugar and vegetable broth and cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chili garlic paste, cilantro and salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Shakerato, Not Stirred
It's espresso for the summer.
Espresso takes a chill.
Recipe of the Day
Treats for your beach bag.
Frozen dumplings the fearless way.
Raise a (recycled) glass.