If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This spring I moved to Sunset Park, a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood in Brooklyn. All of a sudden I had access to great Latin American ingredients, with tons of peppers and tropical fruit on every corner. I think there's nothing better than a little spiciness in the summer, so I picked up some jalapenos for heat and mango for sweet/tartness, then threw them together with a little Cachaça and my favorite hot weather brew, The Champagne of Beers. A honey-salt rim finishes it off. —zoverman
- 4-5 pieces Mango, cubed
- 1/4 Jalapeno, seeded
- 2-3 sprigs Cilantro
- 1/2 ounce Honey
- 3/4 ounce Lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Leblon Cachaça
- 3-4 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Maldon Salt, crushed
- Honey, for rimming glass
- Miller High Life
- Muddle mango, jalapeno, cilantro, and honey in mixing glass.
- Add lime juice, Cachaça, and bitters to muddled mixture.
- Transfer contents to mixing tin filled with ice, and shake vigorously - you want to make sure you move the fruit around.
- Take a chilled Collins glass and roll half of the rim in the honey, followed by the salt. Fill with ice.
- Strain the Cachaça mixture into the Collins glass. Top off with Miller High Life.
- Enjoy. Repeat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Beer Cocktail
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.