If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my all time favorite snacks! Love it with tortilla chips or celery sticks. Or, if you eat wheat, with pita bread.
I've included garlic in the recipe because it's traditional, though I no longer eat garlic. —Zahirah
- 1 cup Dried garbanzos/chickpeas
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, fresh and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- Soak garbanzos/chickpeas overnight.
- Drain garbanzos, add fresh water, and cook for one hour.
- Blend beans and 1/2 cup of water in blender or food processor.
- Add garlic, sea salt, tahini, and lemon juice. Blend.
- Add additional garbanzo water if needed.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).