If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chipá is a cheesy little roll from northern Argentina that is impossible to stop eating. It’s one of those “can’t stop until they’re gone” kind of food. I never seem to make enough of these.
I'm saying "serves 4," but really...it serves 2. - Zahirah - Zahirah
Food52 Review: The food52 community has introduced me to so many wonderful new recipes and ingredients and Chipa is one of them. I'd never baked with tapioca flour before and Zahirah's cheesy rolls were the perfect introduction. Simple ingredients combine to form a slightly crisp exterior and a soft interior. They have great texture from the tapioca flour and rich flavor from the Parmesan. These would make terrific party appetizers in addition to being great picnic food. Warm from the oven, they were quickly devoured by my family. We're ready for the next batch! - BlueKaleRoad - BlueKaleRoad
- 500 pieces grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Eggs
- 60 milliliters Olive oil
- 500 grams Tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- Water, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Grate the cheese. I use the coarse grater, as the cheese will melt in the oven anyway. Add eggs, vegetable oil, salt, and tapioca flour. Mix by hand until you get a grainy mix.
- Pour in some room temperature water until you form a smoother ball of dough. Knead for five minutes, then let rest for fifteen.
- Cut or separate into 35 gram pieces (about half the size of an egg) and roll until smooth. Place on a Silpat or greased cookie sheet and bake for fifteen minutes, or until slightly golden.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.