Author Notes: This recipe is an adaptation of a typical crab preparation in Benin, West Africa. This lighter version is perfect for a picnic. Serve chilled with plantain chips. Enjoy! - Africuria
- 1 champagne mango
- 1 hass avocado
- 1 scallion, chopped
- zest and fresh juice of 1 Lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon scotch bonnet, minced
- 6 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- Dice champagne mango or regular mango and set aside in a medium-sized bowl. (Champagne mangos are less fibrous and have a thin pit.)
- Split the avocado in half and remove the pit. Dice the flesh and drop into a medium-sized bowl. Add the zest and juice of lime and salt and pepper. Lightly toss.
- Combine crabmeat, chopped scallions, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, minced scotch bonnet, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste. Lightly toss.
- Use the crabmeat mixture to fill the bottom layer of a clear container. Repeat with the avocado mixture and then the diced mango. You can eat immediately, but it’s best refrigerated for at least an hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Tags: can be made ahead