If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom has been making this salad every summer since I was a child. It is hands down the tastiest and cremiest tuna macaroni salad I've ever had - and always wins rave reviews from guests. Although simple, she experimented a bit before she got it right. Great with steak, burgers, chicken or just on it's own for lunch! —There'sAlwaysPie
- 16 ounces Cavatappi (corkscrew) pasta. You can also use any other large shaped pasta that will hold a chunky salad.
- 2 stalks of celery diced small
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 5 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 5 oz. can of tuna fish in water - drained
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise - I prefer Hellman's
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 squirt of mustard
- 2 tablespoons season salt - I prefer McCormick Season All
- Cook pasta according to directions and then rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl mix together cooled pasta, tuna fish, celery, onion and egg.
- Mix in mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, mustard and seasoned salt. Stir well. If you taste it and it seems salty, don't worry the flavors will meld in the next step. (I'll be honest that I don't actually measure out these ingredients, but rather eyeball them. So, if it seems a little dry add a bit more mayonnaise/Miracle Whip by the tablespoon)
- Cover and let sit in fridge for at least 4 hours to let flavors absorb and blend. Periodically take it out and stir, if the pasta looks dry add a little more mayonnaise/Miracle Whip. Also if needs more season salt you can add a few shakes to taste.
- Serve cold!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
The freedom to snack.