If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Is this sandwich in the raw? I don't know for sure. But, is it very simple and very delicious? Yes indeed.
I couldn't decide last night between making a salad with bacon, chevre, and cherries or making BLTs. Why not combine the two ideas? was the solution. And, a new favorite summer treat was born. - fiveandspice - fiveandspice
Food52 Review: Cherries are such a summer fruit ... and bacon is just good anytime. This sandwich was delicious, summery and a fun way to use cherries. If you love cherries as much as I do, load up on them so they can shine through with all that the chevre and bacon! - thehappycook - thehappycook
- 3 thick slices of really good, center cut, nitrate free, bacon
- 2 slices of quality, hearty whole grain bread
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons chevre, at room temperature
- 5-6 cherries (one of the dark sweet varieties), pitted and halved
- 1 leaf of fresh young lettuce or a small handful of arugula, if you prefer
- Fry the bacon until crisp and transfer it to a plate lined with a paper towel or brown paper to briefly drain.
- While the bacon is frying, lightly toast your bread. Spread half of the chevre on each slice of bread, while the bread is warm.
- Break the bacon slices in half and put them on one of the slices of bread. Carefully arrange your cherry halves on top of this, and finally add your lettuce leaf. Top with the other piece of toasted bread.
- Take your plate and a beer with nice citrusy hop flavor out to the porch. Open wiiiide! Take a bite. Yum.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw