Author Notes: These delicious cookies have a little bit of everything - white and chocolate chips, coconut, fresh cherries and pistachio. - This Little Piggy (Lisa)
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated cinnamon (although powder would be fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 ounces chocolate chips (I liked the mixture of white and semisweet)
- 4 ounces unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pistachips
- 1 cup fresh cherries - chopped, although dried would work too
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sugars – I usually do this in my stand mixer, but you can do with a hand mixer or if you're feeling strong by hand.
- Then add the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add the vanilla. And beat in the flour on a low-speed.
- Fold in the chocolate, coconut, cherries and nuts.
- Mould the dough into balls the size of a golf ball. Place the cookie dough balls on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° and bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until just beginning to turn golden. Cool on the cookie sheet, on a rack.
Tags: serves a crowd