If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These delicious cookies have a little bit of everything - white and chocolate chips, coconut, fresh cherries and pistachio. —This Little Piggy (Lisa)
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated cinnamon (although powder would be fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 7 ounces chocolate chips (I liked the mixture of white and semisweet)
- 4 ounces unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup pistachips
- 1 cup fresh cherries - chopped, although dried would work too
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cream together the butter and sugars – I usually do this in my stand mixer, but you can do with a hand mixer or if you're feeling strong by hand.
- Then add the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add the vanilla. And beat in the flour on a low-speed.
- Fold in the chocolate, coconut, cherries and nuts.
- Mould the dough into balls the size of a golf ball. Place the cookie dough balls on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° and bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes until just beginning to turn golden. Cool on the cookie sheet, on a rack.
The Spice is Right
Recipes that put a dent in that za'atar stash
Za'atar: the spice with zip.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
The knots you should know.
Have a ball (jar).